By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an actual, certain, totally illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It specializes in a few delphinid species, with keynotes on vital dolphin-like genera, corresponding to the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors percentage their life-long services on marine mammals in quite a few disciplines. Written as a staff instead of being ready as a suite of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and complete type, giving all the diverse themes acceptable area. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to extensive collections of specific dolphin and whale fabric, around out this unheard of delivering to the field.
- Includes top quality illustrations, drawings, halftone art, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all uncomplicated study and technologies devoted to marine biology and the therapy of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and knowledge in this subject, together with these in imprecise prior or non-English courses, or scattered briefly chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing traits in molecular biology and genetics
Read Online or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Best marine biology books
Les poissons constituent environ 60 % de toutes les espèces connues de vertébrés. Leur intérêt économique grandissant entraîne une surexploitation dramatique et l. a. pisciculture, surtout extensive, engendre de nombreux problèmes. En outre, certaines espèces sont de plus en plus utilisées comme modèles dans des domaines variés de l. a. biologie et médecine expérimentales.
Fish represent a big ordinary renewable source and any aid of their skill to propagate because of human interference could have major socioeconomic outcomes. The detrimental influence of human job on intercourse differentiation and reproductive output in fish is so different that it's been tricky to surround it in one publication.
Plants groups in Australia's riverine landscapes are ecologically, economically and culturally major. also they are one of the such a lot threatened ecosystems at the continent and feature been dramatically altered because of human actions and weather swap. plants of Australian Riverine Landscapes brings jointly, for the 1st time, the result of the large quantity of analysis that has been performed over the past few many years into the biology, ecology and administration of those vital plant groups in Australia.
This illustrated atlas describes 256 extant brachyuran crab species within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. identity keys are supplied for 37 brachyuran households, a hundred and forty four genera and 256 species at the foundation in their major synapomorphies. short yet exact descriptions highlighting the most features also are supplied for each family members.
- Seaweed Phylogeography: Adaptation and Evolution of Seaweeds under Environmental Change
- The Cardiovascular System: Morphology, Control and Function (Fish Physiology)
- Effects of Pollution on Fish: Molecular Effects and Population Responses
- Edible Sea Urchins: Biology and Ecology (Developments in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science)
Additional resources for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function
Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function by Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger